Error processing SSI file
- Enter in as many categories as you like; no more than one item per
- Complete an entry form for each item.
- Mounting and/or framing the work is not required.
(If works are framed, appropriateness of frame will be considered in
- All entries must arrive by U.S. Mail no later than April 3,
2003. Entries that arrive after this deadline cannot be judged and will
be returned unopened.
- Entries will be judged on April 4th and displayed during Tat Day,
Saturday April 5, 2003.
- All judges' decisions are final.
- Youth (up to age 17)
- Adult (18 to 64)
- Senior (65 and older)
- Master (TAT Proficiency or 2 Best of Shows)
- Professional (Earning $2000+ in tatting related income, such as teaching
fees, publications or sales of tatted items.)
Clothing embellished w/tatted motifs
Linens embellished w/tatted motifs
Baby Item (bonnet, booties, etc.)
|Bookmark (may send 3)
||Butterfly (may send 3)
|Edging attached to clothing
|Edged household linens
|Holiday Ornament (may send 3)
||Jewelry (earrings, necklace, chatelaine, etc.)
|Motif/Medallion (2 of identical pattern)
||Note Cards / Stationary (set of 6)
|Tatted Table Linens
||Scene or landscape
||Wearable (handbag, shawl, hair bow, vest, etc.)
||Wedding Apparel & Accessories
||Other (items not in the categories listed above)
- Handmade shuttles and other tatting tools (functionality will be judged)
- Vintage Tatted Item (May be entered on behalf of tatter by the owner
of the piece)
This is the one category that will be judged only on workmanship, and
not also on the current condition of the piece.
WOW! What a list! Now we KNOW you have tatting
that will fit into at least one of these categories. SEND IT IN! We want
to see it!
To Participate in this Competition:
- Although we cannot guarantee against all contingencies, The Guild
has taken great care to ensure the safety of each item during its exhibition
at the Palmetto Tat Day. A special post office box has been opened to
handle the entries for this competition. All entries, including local
items, are to be delivered via the United States Mail. Hand deliveries
will not be accepted, nor may items be picked up in person at the end
of the day.
- Two members of the Competition Committee have arranged to pick up
all entries from the post office at 8:30 on Friday morning. Entries
will be taken directly to the judging room, where they will stay until
exhibition. At the end of the exhibit, all items (with their accompanying
certificates and ribbons) will be returned by the Competition Committee
to the containers in which they were sent, and posted by return mail
on Monday, April 7th.
In order to ensure the safe delivery and fast return of your tatted
items, we ask that you take the following steps.
1. Select two priority mail containers at your post office.
2. Address the smaller container to the location where you want your piece(s)
to be returned.
3. Address the larger container to:
Palmetto Tatters Guild
P O Box 665
Irmo, SC 29063
4. Place the tatted piece(s), with the
form(s), inside the smaller container, but do not seal.
5. Place the small self-addressed container into the larger container,
with a label addressed to Palmetto Tatters as noted above and seal this
6. The mail will not be opened until the day of judging, therefore we
will not be able to notify when your item arrives. The Post Office does
provide this service, however. If you would like to be notified that your
package has arrived safely, please purchase a return receipt request from
7. You may also wish to purchase insurance. If you would like the item
returned to you with the same insurance with which it arrived, please
include a check for the amount you paid to send the package originally.
Upon opening, your tatted items - and the container in which they arrive
- will be matched to the entry form and carefully tagged to insure their
proper return. Participants are not required to include the cost of return
postage for uninsured packages (but return postage would certainly be
appreciated : )
Guidelines (in Word/RTF Format)
Guidelines (in PDF format)
ENTRY FORM (in Word/RTF format)
ENTRY FORM (in PDF format)
Need more info?
Write Donna @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Write Joy @ email@example.com
Back to TAT DAY 2003