- Enter in as many categories as you like; only one item
per category, please, except where noted.
- Complete an entry form online and print it. You will
need one completed entry form for each category entered. Must
complete by May 15th so we will know how many entries to expect.
- Mounting and/or framing the work is not required.
(If works are framed, appropriateness of frame will be considered in
- Due to the volume of entries anticipated, we would like to have all
of the local entries either hand delivered to our May 20th meeting,
mailed to our PO Box, or shipped to The Needler.
- All mailed entries must arrive no later
than Wednesday, May 31, 2006. Entries may be hand delivered Thursday evening, June 1, between 6:30 and 8:00 or Friday
morning, June 2, between 8:30 and 11. If you "Walk it in, You must Walk
it out" meaning
if you hand carry your item in for the Competition, you must pick it
Saturday evening between 6:00 and 7:00.
- Entries will be judged and displayed during
TAT DAYS, Friday and Saturday June 2-3, 2006.
- All judges' decisions are final.
- Youth (up to age 13)
- Teen (13 thru 18)
- Adult (19 thru 64)
- Senior (65 and older)
- Master (Tat Proficiency, 2 Best
of Shows, Ring of Tatters, Lace Guild Advanced Assessment )
- Professional (Earning $2,000+ (U.S. Dollars) in tatted related income
when the piece was completed. Examples: teaching fees, publications,
or sales of tatted items.)
|Baby Item (bonnet, booties, etc.)
||Linens embellished w/tatted motifs
Bookmark (up to 3, judged as a set)
**Mixed Media (used different materials, not different types of lace)
|Butterfly (up to 3, judged as a set)
||Motif/Medallion (2 of identical pattern required)
||Note Cards / Stationary (set of 6)
||**Original Pattern (with sample of tatted piece)
|Clothing embellished w/tatted motifs
||**Single Piece by More Than One Tatter (round robbin, etc.)
||**Small Item / Single Motif
||Scene or landscape
|Edging (attached or unattached)
||Tatted Table Linens
|Fine Thread Work (size 50 or smaller)
|**Floral or Vegetation
||Wearable (handbag, shawl, hair bow, vest, etc.)
|Holiday Ornament (up to 3, judged as a set)
||Wedding Apparel & Accessories
|Jewelry (earrings, necklace, chatelaine, etc.)
|Theme: "Hats Off To Tatting! HOTT!" (Special ribbon
awarded for this category.)
|Handmade shuttles and other tatting tools (Form and
function will be judged.)
|Other (items not in the categories listed above)
** NEW Categories
Vintage Tatted Items are always WELCOME! Please submit
a "competition" form including the history of the piece. Although not
judged, these items will be displayed and recorded.
WOW! What a List!
A Category for Anything
and Everything Tatted!
And remember the theme category of "Hats Off To Tatting! HOTT!!"
Please SEND IT IN! Everyone would love to
- Items can be accepted for judging if not previously entered
at Palmetto Tat Days.
- Items from last year may be displayed.
- Entries are expected to be clean for judging and displaying.
- The judges wish to know: 1) What is the intended use of this
piece? 2) Was it tatted just for this Tat Day competition? Please do
not identify yourself in your answers to these two questions.
- Aged vintage items will be displayed.
- There is no entry fee for judged or displayed items.
- The Palmetto Tatters Guild reserves the right to use photographs
of entries for publicity and educational purposes without further permission being sought.
- We are creating an Online Database of Tatted Pieces. We hope you
will allow your pieces to be included.
- Our photographer will be taking
pictures of all items.
- Contestants must provide return postage. You may
put it on the return box or include a check payable to Palmetto Tatters.
is desired on the return trip, be sure to include that amount on
the return box or in your check payment. Remember that there will
be certificates with ribbons included in your return box so add a
bit more to the postage for the return trip.
- If you would like to hand-deliver your piece(s)
(especially vintage items) bring them Thursday evening between 6:30 and 8:00 or Friday morning between 8:30
- If entrants want to save postage, they may pick-up their pieces
on Saturday evening between 6:00 and 7:00.
This will be required for items hand carried in.
Head Judge: Marie Smith
(pictured on the right)
To Participate in this Competition:
- Although we cannot guarantee against all contingencies, The Guild
has taken great care to ensure the safety of each item during its
at the Palmetto Tat Days. A special post office box has been opened
to handle the entries for this competition.
- Two members of the Competition Committee have arranged to pick up
all entries from the post office and The Needler at 10:30 on Thursday
will be taken directly to the judging room, where they will stay until
exhibition. At the end of the exhibit, all items (with their accompanying
certificates and ribbons) will be returned by the Competition Committee
to the containers in which they were sent, and posted by return mail
on Monday after Tat Days.
In order to ensure the safe delivery and fast return of your tatted
items, we ask that you take the following steps.
1. Select two priority mail containers at your post office.
2. Address the smaller container to the location where you want your
piece(s) to be returned and add postage for the return trip, with insurance,
if desired (or you may include a check for the return postage).
3. Address the larger container to:
Palmetto Tatters Guild
P.O. Box 1597
Lexington, SC 29071
4. Place inside the smaller container: a) the tatted piece(s), b)
with the completed
entry form for each piece, and
c) a check for RETURN POSTAGE made payable to
the Palmetto Tatters (if you did not put the postage on
this inside container or if
you will not pick up the item on
5. Place the small self-addressed container into the larger container,
with a label addressed to Palmetto Tatters as noted above and seal this
6. The mail will be opened the day of judging, therefore we
will not be able to notify you when your item arrives. The Post Office
provide this service, however. If you would like to be notified that
your package has arrived safely, please purchase a return receipt request
7. You may also wish to purchase insurance. If you would like the item
returned to you with the same insurance with which it arrived, please
include that amount on the smaller return container box or include with
your check for the postage. Upon opening, your tatted items - and the
- will be matched to the entry form and carefully tagged to insure their
You may mail your entries to the PO Box above, beginning as soon as
the entry form is available.
you are using DHL, FedEx (Federal Express), or UPS (United Parcel Service),
you may ship your entry to:
Palmetto Tatters Guild
c/o The Needler
102 East Main Street
Lexington, SC 29072-3421 USA
Need more info?
Call Katharine at (803) 951-1961 or email Katharine
Back to TAT DAYS 2006